Sunday, November 16, 2014

Weekend in the Alps

Adelboden, Switzerland has been one of my absolute favorite places to visit since moving here to Europe and experiencing it for the first time my second month here. It was my first experience in the alps, and since then, it has held a special place in my heart. There is a chalet that belongs to my missions organization that is very easy (and incredibly inexpensive!) to rent, and a few friends and I had the opportunity to spend this weekend there. Bonus-it's only about two hours away. How lovely to spend a weekend away, get some wonderfully fresh air, see the beautiful mountains that bear marks of God's craftsmanship, and share in quality time with dear friends. So thankful to live in such a beautiful place.

View from the chalet windows.
Hike to the waterfall (you can see it in the background).
Such a dear friend.
Oh, silly roommates. 
Our group, minus two!