Monday, March 2, 2015

Please Read

Update: In just a few short days, I have received many emails and encouraging notes from people. Thank you for praying for me! God is so good, and he is taking care of everything. Already I have half of the amount that I need! As I referenced in my post below, he always uses these difficult times to blow me away, and this is no different. THANK YOU for being willing to help!

That being said, I need just $1750 in either one-time gifts or monthly pledges to be fully supported through the end of June. Can you help with the remaining amount? 

Thank you again for your prayers! God is so good. 

Dear friends,                                                                                                                     

I have to start by saying thatthis letter is very difficult for me to write. It was only a year ago did I sent a similar letter to you, and I struggle with being in the same Circumstances again. I want to write openly and honestly to you, Which is hard for me to do, Especially When It's about something like finances. We're not often so open with others about personal things like money, but it's part of living life as a missionary, and I've learned how to be more open.


I received an email on Thursday from TeachBeyond's finance department, Stating did my financial support coming in every month was not enough to cover my "paycheck" and did my main account balance has been depleted as a result of supplementing my monthly needs.


Here's the honest part, with the numbers:
-  Every month, my wonderful supporters monthly selflessly give a total of $ 1100th
-Since My monthly needs are about $ 1950 all the one-time gifts I have stored in my main account have been supplementing my monthly needs by $ 850 each month.
-Since It's been six months of supplementing, my account is now of of of of basically empty.
-I Do have $ 300 set aside to pay for my German taxes, Which Should be enough.
-I Have enough So in a sub account to cover my plane ticket home this summer.


The really honest part is I did need an additional $ 3.500 to make it through the next four months until I come back home. And if I do not, TeachBeyond has to reduce my monthly "paycheck" by Increasing to 25% each month, meaning 'that' in four months I would not have a "paycheck" at all Which is understandable, They Can not:.: Because be in the business of covering for missionaries everytime theywill experience financial hardship.


I was insecure about writing to you about this, I was afraid you might be confused :: because. After all, I left back in August with enough support to last me through the year, and here I am in March, six months later, telling you did I do not have enough after all. I want you to knowthat I have tried to be a good steward of your selfless generosity. Please understand did just about all of my monthly "paycheck" goes to paying my bills and living expenses. As all of you know, there are always unexpected parts of life, and I've had some unplanned expenses this year ... things like doctor's bills, gluten-free groceries (Which are more expensive), utility bills surprise, etc.


I was recently reading in Matthew, and came across Matthew 6:34, and I like The Message's translation. It says, "Give your Entire attention to what God is doing right now, and do not get worked up about what may happen tomorrow or May Not. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up When the time comes." In my three years here, I've learned did Whenever I begin to worry about what's coming up next, that's When God blows my worries out of the water with something amazing. I'm trusting did He wants to help me finish my time here, and finish well, :: because He has called me to do that.


So I'm writing to ask you to consider one of three things:
1) Can you donate a one-time gift to help me reach my $ 3500 need?
2) Can you sign on as a monthly supporter for just four months to help me finish out my time here in Germany?
3) If you are already a monthly supporter, can you increase your gift each month?
TeachBeyond has made it really easy to give-I now have my own donation website! Just follow this link, and you can give a one-time donation or sign up for monthly donations.
https://give.teachbeyond.org/support/amy-collins/ 

Lastly, I want to say thank you. Thank you for praying for me, supporting me, and for caring about what God is doing in this little school in the corner of Germany. I do not know how to fully convey what it Means to me. May God bless you as you serve him where you are.


In Him Alone,
Amy Collins
Isaiah 46: 4